- Division: Administration
- Department: Business Office
- Position: Financial Controller
- Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations (DFO)
- Working Hours: Full time
- Salary Range: TBD
Please visit our website for detailed job description and requirements, and make an online application: http://www.unishanoi.org/page.cfm?p=1249.
Responsible for the efforts and results of the Business Office and Business Administration functions. Reporting to the DFO in regards to all financial and business related activities. Create, implement and maintain management reporting and statistical analysis to ensure sound management practices.
- Oversee all school accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Research, propose and implement approved updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll, invoicing and management reports
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with accounting standards and any required regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations. Prepare all necessary schedules as required for the annual audit.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the school based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies. Meet with Budget Owners as required.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Prepare timely and accurate financial information for all funds
- Prepare and assist in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Responsible to prepare annual budgets and reforecasts in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Wok with budget owners to ensure active management of expenditures in all areas of the school
- Cash-flow management
- Provide recommendations to Director of Finance and Operations on movement of funds to / from fixed deposits, whilst maximising interest income
- Minimise foreign exchange losses with prudent cash management
- Control of bank and other borrowings
- Accounting procedures and Internal Controls
- Review, develop, recommend and implement all approved Accounting procedures and practices to staff;
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations on the research, development, testing and implementation of new administrative and accounting systems.
- Design and implement technology innovations and financial management for all ancillary operations of the School, such as, the food services, school store, procurement stores, co-curricular activities etc.
- Risk and Grant management
- Participates in the Risk assessment and review process; implement and monitor action plans related to financial risk factors
- Preparation and management of any school grant processes
- Oversees Risk Management function of the school
- Oversee Business Administration Functions
- School “Spirit” Store
- Purchasing & Contract Management
- Records Retention
- Direct Reports
- Accounting Supervisor
- BO Secretary
- Procurement Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Shop Coordinator
- Other duties as required by the Director of Finance & Operations
Education / qualifications
- Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA, CA) and University degree(s) in Accounting or Finance, supplemented with and including demonstrated current information technology courses or certificates. Qualifications and degrees are subject to UNIS assessment and approval for this position.
- 10+ years relevant experience with 5+ years Management experience as Controller
- Demonstrated experience with the technical aspects of ERP information systems, such as implementation, designing and programming workflow processes, custom analysis and financial reports
Knowledge and skills
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and finance and systems in an international/non-profit environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of spreadsheet and database applications in general office software and ERP systems
- Communication and presentation skills in a multicultural environment
- Aptitude and application of skills and techniques relevant for an international business office
- Customer service and best practices orientation
- General understanding of government policy, including the Vietnamese tax and regulatory environment and the impact, if any, on Stakeholders and on UNIS
- Is confident, professional and comfortable in a cross cultural environment
- Native language proficiency in written and spoken English or TOEIC level 905 or greater; Vietnamese mother-tongue preferred but not mandatory