The UK Alumni in Vietnam (UKAV) is the association for Vietnamese people who have studied in the UK. It was officially launched in November 2001 and currently the association has more than 1400 members from all over the country, all of whom are Vietnamese nationals who have studied in the UK for at least three months either on scholarships or privately funded programmes. UKAV’s ultimate goal is to connect its members in both a social and a professional context once they’ve completed their courses in the UK. We aim to:
- Promote the relationship between the UK and Vietnam through a number of networking opportunities within the alumni network and beyond, with educational, professional and business organisations.
- Position and project the image of UK Alumni as successful and ethical leaders in society.
- Encourage and support continuous professional development and lifelong learning among its members.
UKAV run varied activities for our members in Hanoi, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City including:
- Professional events: professional talks for members, oferring a series workshops on soft-skills for high school and university students, career development seminars, job fairs, business conferences, etc.
- Social events: annual Gala Evenings, monthly networkings, charity activities, education scholarships for disadvantaged students, outdoor activities (biking, camping, walking etc)
We are very grateful for the generous support from British companies in Vietnam, Vietnamese organisations, British Universities, the British Embassy and British Council that has enable the UKAV to increase the number activities organised year on year.
If you would like to know more about UKAV or would like to be a sponsor for UKAV’s activities, please contact us:
UK Alumni in Vietnam (UKAV) British Council, 20 Thuy Khue, Hanoi
Tel: 024 3728 1948
Fax: 024 3843 4962