Kenneth M Atkinson,
Welcome to the BBGV!
As we continue to evolve by increasing in size and the types of services we offer to businesses in Vietnam and those who seek to do business in Vietnam we are beginning to see the fruits of our labour. If we reflect on the performance of the BBGV in 2015 it’s been a remarkable year for the Chamber and for British Business in Vietnam.
Some of our achievements for 2015:
• 64 Business, Social and Charity events with an average attendance increase of 17%
• Hosted landmark events such as the PM Cameron’s visit, Minister Hugo Swire Luncheon, Commonwealth Networking and Royal Ascot
• 50% increase in the amount raised for charities to 1.5bn VND
• Membership increase of 10%
• A new diamond corporate sponsor
• Implementation of rigorous finance and accounting procedures
• Launched new enewsletter and website with membership portal and calendar functions
This is achieved by having an active and engaged board representing many sectors utilising their expertise to oversee committees and guide the BBGV towards achieving its strategic objectives.
It has also been a successful year for bilateral relations with the first ever visit from a serving British Prime Minister, the signing of the EUFTA, the decision to allow British tourists to enter Vietnam without a visa and more than 10% increase in bilateral trade – the largest increase in the region.
Our Business Centre has gone from strength to strength. So far in this financial year, we have reached out and helped more than twice the number of UK companies as last year, over 500 companies. We are recognised as one of the top performing Business Centres amongst the British Chamber network globally. Thus far in 2015/16, we have achieved:
• 6 webinars to UK SMEs;
• over 500 service deliveries;
• generated over GBP 25,500 of revenue;
• provided 13 business opportunities to UK companies
As an accredited British Chamber, the BBGV continue to enjoy close associations with all 52 accredited Chambers of Commerce in the UK and 17 British Chambers based overseas. Alongside this association, we have built up creditability and trust amongst our colleagues at the British Embassy and British Consulate General.
Finally, I would like to thank our partners; HSBC, British International School, Jardines, Harvey Nash, TRG, Etihad and Diageo, for their continued support and the committee for their active contribution.